This page outlines health and safety policies and procedures that will be followed at in-person programming and events to reduce the risk of infectious disease transmission and keep Variety Kids, families, volunteers, staff, and event attendees safe.
In order to promote the health and safety of Variety children, effective November 15, 2021, Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis will mandate the COVID-19 vaccination for all those participating at in-person programs.
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis considers the health and safety of Variety Kids as our highest priority. Many children with disabilities are immunocompromised, and are among those most vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus.
Throughout the pandemic, Variety St. Louis has closely followed CDC and local health guidelines to ensure the children we serve, and their families, remain healthy while receiving uninterrupted access to our critical programs and services. At this time, the CDC is recommending that all those who are able and eligible to be vaccinated do so to help stop the spread of this disease.
As such, Variety St. Louis is implementing the policy below regarding vaccination against COVID-19, effective November 15, 2021. Please review it closely and reach out to Info@VarietySTL.org with any questions.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All vaccine-eligible participants in Variety in-person programs will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to those eligible for accommodation. The policy will apply to all employees, independent contractors, volunteers, and program participants.
Please watch for further communications specific to each program you would like to participate in at Variety. We continually monitor governmental regulations and guidance from the CDC and medical professionals on required actions to promote a safe environment for all.
If you have questions, please email Info@VarietySTL.org. Thank you for your compliance and for doing your part to help protect Variety children, families, staff and all who support Variety’s mission.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Additionally, Variety will take a multi-layered approach to preventing the spread of COVID-19 at in-person events, with four main tenets forming the foundation of the procedures. Because no set of procedures can guarantee lack of transmission all parents/guardians who enroll children in a Variety program will also sign and submit a Participant Waiver.
The four tenets are:
- No one, including Variety Kids, parents, staff, or volunteers should attend if they are sick or having symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status.
- All events will be outdoors whenever possible, with use of fans to increase ventilation and air circulation for activities held indoors.
- All attendees will wear a well-fitted mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Enhanced hygiene efforts will be followed:
- Handwashing and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Cleaning and disinfecting when needed to maintain healthy facilities and communal resources.
- Physical distancing, including creating cohorts.
- Contact tracing. All attendees will be required to sign an attendee list and attest that they are not sick nor have been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 10 days. Attendees will be strongly encouraged to inform Variety if it is subsequently determined that an attendee was COVID-positive during the event.